- Claremore Garage Sales this Weekend
- Senior Information Fair Coming to Claremore
- Beau Jennings to Perform in Claremore
- Get Ready to Hop in Your Socks, Claremore!
- Breakfast at the Boom Supports Claremore Restaurant, Downtown Stores
- Be an Action Hero in Claremore!
- Claremore Job Alert!
- New Menu Items at Francesco’s in Claremore!
- This event has passed.
Will Rogers Fly-in
August 11 @ 7:30 am - 2:00 pm
It’s a big Will Rogers weekend ’round these parts! In addition to the annual Will Rogers & Wiley Post Fly-in, the traditional Wreath-Laying Ceremony will be on Friday, August 10, at noon, at the Will Rogers Memorial Museum. There will be a flag presentation by Boy Scout Troop 88, a flag salute by Andy Hogan, and songs by Debra West of Oologah and Dr. Dale Smith of Arkansas. The ceremony will conclude with the placing of the wreath by Lester Lurk of Missouri, who resembles Will Rogers and participates in several Museum events each year. There will also be a fly-over by Will Rogers Roper-docent Tom Egbert.
The fun continues on Saturday, August 11, at the Fly-in, which is held at the Will Rogers Birthplace Ranch (9501 E. 380 Road, Oologah). Gates open at 7: 30 a.m.; pilots start landing early
The National Day of Remembrance presentation begins at 10 a.m. Spectators will get a close-up view of planes and meet pilots. Food concessions will be available along with a kids zone, music, antique and classic cars, America Turf Flyer models and a Cherokee storyteller and weaver.
Admission is free and donations are accepted and appreciated.