- Motivation Monday: Break Up with Bad Eating Habits
- Claremore Garage Sales This Weekend
- Help Claremore Main Street WIN!
- Claremore Hosts Respite Day for Siblings
- Claremore Man Gets First Haircut in Over a Year at The Haberdashery
- Claremore Offers Summer Day Camps for Kids
- Claremore FFA Greenhouse is Open for Business!
- Claremore Market Schedules Grand Opening Celebration
- This event has passed.
Art Show Opening
January 25 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Laurie graduated from the University of Tulsa with a BFA and MA in ceramics. She has been exhibiting her ceramic sculptures nationally and internationally for over 30 years. She is known for making large-scale ceramic domes ranging from 4-18 feet in height and for her organic ceramic whistle sculptures. Her work has been published in several books and magazines such as Alternative Kilns by Ian Gregory, Architectural Ceramics for the Studio Potter by Peter King, Handbuilt Ceramics by Kathy Triplett and articles inCeramics Monthly magazine.
Laurie has received many awards for her work including Artworks 1; competition for Oklahoma City’s public art project- the Philodendron Dome metal sculpture in Myriad Gardens, and New Forms Regional Initiative Grant; the Fellowship Award in Crafts from the Mid-America Arts Alliance / National Endowment for the Arts. She has also been awarded several teaching residencies such as the Americans for the Arts, Community Residency Exchange Program in Ireland; the Lila Wallace-Readers Digest International Artist Program Grant and Arts International – a 6-month residency for research and teaching in Ecuador. She also led a firing demonstration and workshop at the International Ceramics Festival 2007 at the Aberystwyth Arts Centre Wales. Laurie has been sharing her talents with her students in ceramics at Holland Hall’s Upper School in Tulsa, OK.