- Do you have the best ticket in Claremore? The Will Rogers Stampede Rodeo is just 6 days away!
- Motivation Monday: Yummy Chicken Teriyaki Recipe!
- Cherokee Nation Donates $55,000 to Local Law Enforcement
- Heads Up: Claremore Fireworks Show on Friday
- 7 days til the dirt hits the fans! Claremore get ready to RODEO!
- Play Night Golf in Claremore!
- CASA Recognizes Rogers County Volunteer
- This event has passed.
May 2 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
If a loved one is affected by Alzheimer’s, you’ll want to attend the Effective Communication Strategies workshop at Brookdale Claremore on Saturday, May 2, from 11:30a – 1p.
Communication is more than just talking and listening – it’s also about sending and receiving messages through attitude, tone of voice, facial expressions, and body language. As people with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias progress in their journey and the ability to use words is lost, families need new ways to connect. This free workshop will expire how communication takes place when someone has Alzheimer’s, learn to decode the verbal and behavioral messages delivered by someone with dementia, and identity strategies to help you connect and communicate at each stage of the disease.
Admission is free, but space is limited. Lunch will be provided, but RSVP is needed for headcount. Please call 800-272-3900 to reserve your spot.
Brookdale Claremore is located at 1605 N. Hwy 88 in Claremore.