- Claremore Garage Sales this Weekend
- Senior Information Fair Coming to Claremore
- Beau Jennings to Perform in Claremore
- Get Ready to Hop in Your Socks, Claremore!
- Breakfast at the Boom Supports Claremore Restaurant, Downtown Stores
- Be an Action Hero in Claremore!
- Claremore Job Alert!
- New Menu Items at Francesco’s in Claremore!
- This event has passed.
May 2 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
If a loved one is affected by Alzheimer’s, you’ll want to attend the Effective Communication Strategies workshop at Brookdale Claremore on Saturday, May 2, from 11:30a – 1p.
Communication is more than just talking and listening – it’s also about sending and receiving messages through attitude, tone of voice, facial expressions, and body language. As people with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias progress in their journey and the ability to use words is lost, families need new ways to connect. This free workshop will expire how communication takes place when someone has Alzheimer’s, learn to decode the verbal and behavioral messages delivered by someone with dementia, and identity strategies to help you connect and communicate at each stage of the disease.
Admission is free, but space is limited. Lunch will be provided, but RSVP is needed for headcount. Please call 800-272-3900 to reserve your spot.
Brookdale Claremore is located at 1605 N. Hwy 88 in Claremore.