Today, we are reopening the museum!
We have been awarded a PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) Grant from the Oklahoma Department of Libraries, courtesy of the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), and the CARES Act legislation passed by Congress. We are one of the sixty-four eligible public libraries, tribal libraries, tribal cultural centers, and museums that applied. This particular grant funding is to help with personal protective equipment, cleaning supplies, customer safety supplies, and other materials and equipment needed to keep our staff and visitors safe. We are so thankful for IMLS and the CARES Act for this much-needed funding!
Our new hours will be Tuesday through Friday from 11 AM to 4 PM and on Saturdays from 7 AM to 11 AM (in partnership with the Rogers County Farmers Market), we will remain closed on Sundays and Mondays. We are following guidance from state and local government and health officials, along with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control.
The Claremore Museum of History has established new safety measures and cleaning protocols that will allow us to keep our staff and visitors safe. These include:
• Masks and gloves are not required for visitors but are strongly encouraged.
• All staff are required to wear protective supplies such as masks and gloves
• Hand sanitizer stations are set up throughout the museum
• Social distancing tools are set up throughout our galleries
• Staff are cleaning restrooms and entry doors every hour or more as needed.
• Staff are cleaning all touch surfaces in the museum as part of the daily closing process, and walk-through wiping touch surfaces down.
You can donate to the Claremore Museum of History by clicking the button below or contact Andy Couch at firstname.lastname@example.org.