How could you possibly make a more decadent fudge brownie?
These ‘Fudgy Avocado Brownies’ might be more indulgent than regular brownies since avocados add a boost of healthy fats to the mix… which intensifies the flavor of chocolate, making these healthier brownies ultra-rich. Plus, these treats are gluten-free and so chocolaty and moist, you won’t even remember how healthy they are!
* Nonstick cooking spray
* 1 medium ripe avocado, mashed
* ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
* 1 large egg, lightly beaten
* ½ cup pure maple syrup
* 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
* ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
* ¼ cup gluten-free flour
* ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Lightly coat with spray. Set aside.
3. Combine avocado, oil, egg, maple syrup, and extract in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
4. Combine cocoa powder, salt, and flour in a medium bowl; mix well.
5. Add cocoa powder mixture to avocado mixture; mix well.
6. Add chocolate chips; mix until blended.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan; spread to make even.
8. Bake for 33 to 36 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool for an hour before removing from pan. Cut into sixteen squares.
(Credit to Beachbody)