What are you doing to work toward your healthy living goals this season? Below are six tips from Fitness with Carrie:

1) WRITE OUT YOUR HEALTHY GOALS.
.
Whatever your goals are – write them down! With it being the holidays, your normal goals may change a bit. Put them in a place that you’ll see them each day as a reminder.
.
.
2) MAKE HEALTHY HABITS EASY.
.
To combat the holiday chaos, plan ahead.
If your goal is to eat healthy five days a week or get to your goal weight, make sure everything is planned, prepped and ready to go.
If you know you’ll be tempted to overindulge at a party, eat something healthy before you arrive, or consider taking a healthy holiday dish.
.
.
3) SET A SMALLER WEEKLY GOAL.
.
By setting a mini goal, you’ll be able to think about it a little each day without it being overwhelming. Start by asking yourself: “What do you need to do daily for a week to put you toward your health goal?” It should be small, specific, measurable, achievable, rewarding, and time sensitive. It is easier mentally to say “I am going to lose 2 pounds this week” than “I want to lose 50 pounds this year.” By setting the goal to lose 2 pounds a week, you break up your large goal into smaller, achievable goals.
.
.
4) SIT DOWN WITH A PEN & CALENDAR.
Sitting down with a calendar will allow you to see which days your nutrition plan and exercise routine will be the toughest to follow. Will you follow a stricter diet a few days before a party? As long as you are getting in your workouts and nutrition six days a week, a day will not set you back & will let your muscles recover as well!
.
.
5) REMEMBER THE 90/10 RULE.
.
90/10 means you’re following your healthy habits 90% of the time, and the other 10% is for indulgence. If you eat a piece of pecan pie, enjoy and move on. The holidays are stressful enough!
.
.
6) REPEAT YOUR GOAL SETTING & PLANNING EACH WEEK.
Set a time each week just to evaluate how you did this week, give yourself praise for all of your hard work, and get ready for the new week.
It could be just five or 10 minutes to recap and super simple.
.
.
Take it one day and one week at a time.
.
A bad day of eating or not working out doesn’t stop your healthy goals from happening – it’s when we don’t get back on track that we have problems. Focus in and know you are worth the effort!
.
.
Which of these tips will you apply this season, or what else do you recommend?

-by Fitness with Carrie