The Claremore Recreation Center is now hiring lifeguards! Apply online: http://www.claremorecity.com/
Hours are Tuesday from 9:30a – 12p, Wednesday from 8a – 2p, and Thursday from 8a – 1p.
- Rescuing of swimmers in trouble including administering CPR and first aid when necessary to the injured or contacting emergency services.
- Enforce and personally adhere to all rules of the pool.
- Greet pool patrons in a friendly, helpful and courteous manner.
- Monitoring pool, deck and diving/slide area and equipment use.
- Maintain the pool, the deck, and the gutters.
- Report potential hazards and unsafe conditions to the Assistant Aquatics Coordinator or the Aquatics Coordinator.
- Maintain an acceptable appearance at all times as to both dress and personal hygiene.
- Prepare and present a lesson plan to lessons coordinator each week.
- Record daily attendance for each WSI class and other required paperwork and submit to lessons coordinator on a daily basis.
- Assure the safety of your class. Never leave any child unattended.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities –Knowledge: Knowledge of first aid methods and necessary safety precautions to be observed in water recreation.
Abilities: Ability to meet and deal tactfully with the public. Come to work on time, follow directions, be honest and dependable, maintain safe work environment, be cooperative, have a positive attitude, be courteous and considerate team member, manage time effectively, concentrate on work, recognize problems and find solutions.
Skill: CPR, First Aid, Current Lifesaving Methods