The City of Claremore is now hiring a Sanitation Superintendent! To apply, click HERE!
|Performs a variety of routine and complex administrative supervisory and technical work in the collection of solid wastes.
Salary Range: $48,000-$55,000
- Plans, coordinates and supervises solid waste and refuse collection activities.
- Operates the Sanitation Department within the budget.
- Operates the Sanitation Department according to health department laws.
- Establishes sanitation department policies and procedures for the rapid removal of solid waste from the city.
- Establishes routes and assigns equipment and personnel to expedite solid waste collection.
- Prepares annual budget request and administers allocated funds.
- Cooperates with other superintendents on joint projects.
- Purchases fuel, equipment and parts for departmental vehicles, according to established procedures.
- Determines needed repairs to vehicles and equipment and authorizes repairs of vehicles to local vendors as needed.
- Receives and resolves complaints concerning solid waste collection services.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
|Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities -Skill in applying sanitary service principles in the supervision of employees.
Extensive knowledge of City regulations concerning: sanitation and safety measures; of equipment capacities and limitations; of city street layout.
Ability to plan, organize and control the work of others; to meet and serve the public; to make supervisory decisions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.The employee is occasionally required to walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds and must be able to safely push up to a 400 pound container.Spherical vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.