Claremore’s favorite barbecue competition, Zipper Q, returns to the Claremore Expo on Saturday, October 6! It’s time to get ready to fire up your grills and show off your chops. If you’re interested in having a BBQ team, don’t wait to sign up, as it’s limited to the first 25 entries.
Get more info below and sign up today! If you’re interested in being a sponsor for the event but have zero grill skills, that’s okay. You can donate or register your cooking team HERE!
BBQ Competition Entry
(Limited to first 25 paid teams so be sure to reserve your team early!)
- Team entry in BBQ Throwdown – $100 or free with Zipper Q sponsorship
- BBQ Throwdown categories – A team entry allows a team to enter as many of the competition categories as they’re interested in
- Ribs (St. Louis cut acceptable; baby back ribs not acceptable)
- Brisket (one package of brisket provided for each team)
- Pork shoulder/butt
- Chicken (four to six thighs)
- BBQ Throwdown winners receive a Zipper Q BBQ Throwdown trophy plate as well as cash prizes for the Grand Champion and People’s Choice winners. There are also cash prizes for the first place winners in each of the four categories.
- BBQ Throwdown Check-In
- 6 to 10 pm Friday evening (policy courtesy patrols made around the property throughout the night)
- 6 am Saturday morning