Manufacturers, educators, workforce partners and students gathered Thursday morning to honor Oklahoma’s emerging manufacturing leaders at the 2018 Makers, Builders and Dreamers breakfast. The event, hosted by Dream It Do It Oklahoma, recognized 37 honorees from across the Tulsa region.
The honorees included:
- Andy and Sarah Fiegener, Owners of Rye Design
- Emily Glavan, Manufacturing Engineer at Baker Hughes, a GE Company
- Brandon Jones, Assistant Supervisor at Baker Hughes, a GE Company
- Jay Katon, Manufacturing Manager at AXH air coolers, LLC
- Katie Morris, Production Control Planner at Baker Hughes, a GE Company
- Brian O’Dell, Vice President of Blue Arc Metal Specialties, Inc.
“Oklahoma is witnessing a new generation of young professionals investing in advance manufacturing environments,” said John Feary, executive director of the Claremore Industrial and Economic Development Authority. “Their success validates that manufacturing careers are relevant, obtainable, & desirable for millennials in Oklahoma.”
Award recipients were nominated by area manufacturing employers for displaying great potential in their career. Dream It Do It Oklahoma, an initiative of OK2Grow, works to develop the workforce pipeline by raising awareness of manufacturing careers, and their importance to the economic wealth of Oklahoma. Additionally, Dream It Do It Oklahoma facilities classroom visits, industry tours, internship opportunities, and other activities for area students.
For more information about manufacturing careers in Claremore visit www.growclaremore.com/claremores-hiring or contact Talent Development Manager, Meggie Froman-Knight at 918-283-8240.