Possible immediate hire, pending drug screen and background.
Performs a variety of unskilled or semi-skilled maintenance work, and operates a variety of equipment in the construction, operation, repair, maintenance, preparation of the facility for events and general upkeep.
Exercised – None
Received – Direct and indirect supervision from the Operations Manager.
- Facility maintenance, clean-up, set-up and tear-down for events
- Inspects and repairs, preventive maintenance on equipment and tools.
- Insures proper maintenance of equipment and tools by cleaning and checking equipment after use, and refers defects and needed repairs to immediate supervisor.
- Operate equipment of various sizes and weights, in the loading, hauling and unloading of various materials and equipment.
- Performs required labor involved in the construction and maintenance or projects as part of a crew.
- Duties may include preparing food and waiting on customers in concession stand; cutting, fitting, laying, repairing, and cleaning concession area and/or equipment and materials in preparation of events, including regular cleaning of restrooms
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED equivalent; combination of education and experience.
Knowledge: None Listed
Abilities: Come to work on time, follow directions, be honest and dependable, maintain safe work environment, be cooperative, have a positive attitude, be courteous and considerate team member, manage time effectively, concentrate on work, recognize problems and find solutions.
Skill: Dealing with people in a positive, customer service oriented manner.
Tools & Equipment
Tractor, forklift, skid loader, mowers, hand tools, power tools
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and smell.
The employee must lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Primarily inside or under cover; outside, moderately quiet noise level outside the operation of machines and power tools.
Must maintain a valid Oklahoma Drivers License
Must be insurable by city’s insurance carrier
Employee must obtain Forklift Certification with the City of Claremore before operating a forklift.
Formal application for employment for specified position; initial screening by the hiring authority or department head of the applications; interview with hiring authority or department head may be required, which may include testing and or practical exercise. In addition the rating of education and experience, reference checks, and related job test may be required.