Where do you prefer to exercise? Home, Gym, Outdoors, Other?
I love a mix of all the above! However, below include 9 reasons why working out at home during the winter months can be a great thing:
“If you work out at home, the thought of germ-infested elliptical machines and icy winter roads to the gym make your living room workout bliss that much better. Here are nine reasons why your home gym is where it’s at this season.
1. YOU NEVER HAVE TO FACE THE COLD – All warm and cozy in your house? Good thing your gym is 10 feet in front of you.
2. GYM SCHEDULES DON’T DICTATE YOUR ROUTINE – Gym closed because of a snowstorm? Trainers like Shaun T are still waiting for you in your living room, shouting, “Let’s GOOOO!” You won’t have to miss a chance to “dig deeper”.
3. YOU DON’T HAVE TO CARE HOW YOU LOOK – Rocking polka dot leggings with a striped sports bra? Haven’t brushed your hair? Does it matter? Nope. (Unless you’re going to take an Instagram selfie later…then you might wanna do a booger check.)
4. THE GERMS ARE YOUR OWN – With flu season in full swing, it’s an absolute blessing that you don’t have to worry whether the super-sweaty guy in the bro tank wiped down the treadmill.
5. RESULTS & RECOVERY ARE AS FAR AWAY A THE KITCHEN – There’s nothing worse than when you’ve just finished an intense workout and have to wait an hour or more to down your favorite post-workout fuel. Lucky for you, your Recovery Formula is a just a hop, step, and skip away.
6. MAKE ANY WEIRD GRUNTS OR FACES YOU WANT – Worried about those noises you make when you’re pushing yourself to the limit? Don’t sweat it! Go ahead, let out a triumphant yell every time you finish a superset.
7. YOU CAN LITERALLY ROLL OUT OF BED AND PUSH PLAY – There’s no better feeling than rolling out of bed and starting your workout five minutes after your E&E has kicked in.
8. YOUR PERSONAL TRAINER & CHALLENGERS BECOME YOUR NEW BEST FRIENDS & WORKOUT BUDDIES -Whenever Tony tells you to “Bring It,” Shaun T tells you to “Dig Deeper,” or Sagi tells you to “Beast UP!” you most certainly do. The trainers always say the right things to get you to push harder. Plus it’s a great feeling when your coach and challenger friends are cheering you on!
9. WHEN YOU’RE DONE, YOU CAN SPRAWL OUT ON THE FLOOR & CATCH YOUR BREATH – Whether it’s 25 minutes, 30 minutes, or an hour-long workout, when it’s over, you get to sprawl out in all your glory, no need to worry about whether or not the floor is gross or who might step on you.”
(Resource: Beachbody Blog)