Post Holiday Tip :: Drink warm water with lemon.
This is one of my favorite tips after having some holiday indulgences. Lemon water helps flush the system and gets us back on track with our health goals!
Additional benefits from squeezing the juice from half a lemon into your water include the following:
– Boosts your immune system – lemons are high in Vitamin C and Potassium
– Balances pH – lemons are an alkaline food once inside our bodies
– Helps with weight loss – lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings
– Aids in digestion – the warm water serves to stimulate the gastrointestinal tract and peristalsis
– Acts as a gentle, natural diuretic – lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials because lemons increase urination
– Clears skin – Vitamin C helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear
– Hydrates the lymph system – a cup of lemon water helps you start your day hydrated