A new sign was added to Claremore’s Route 66 legacy this week at the
J.M. Davis Arms and Historical Museum. The sign is located at the corner
of 5th and J.M. Davis Blvd. J.M. Davis Blvd is the original Route 66
built in Claremore in 1926.
“Claremore is a destination point on Oklahoma’s Route 66. Thousands of
travelers from all over the world tour Route 66 every year. This sign
will be a photo op for these travelers visiting Claremore,” stated Tanya
Andrews, Director of the Claremore Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Pictured are (left) Amy Gordon, operations manager at Melton Sales, a
sponsor of the sign, and Tanya Andrews with the Claremore Convention and
Visitors Bureau. Also sponsoring the sign are The Nut House and the J.M.
Davis Arms and Historical Museum.
Only hours after the sign was completed, on October 29, the very first
travelers to take their photo there were Richard and Arlene Campion of Minnetonka, MN.