"Surrey with the Fringe on top" getting new home

The “Surrey with the Fringe on Top” is being restored by the Museum of Claremore History.

surrey claremore muesum While the museum was undergoing renovation the surrey has been housed at the J.M. Davis Arms and Historical Museum since March of 2011. Thursday it was moved from the museum by volunteers to be restored before it is moved to it’s new permanent home at the Museum of Claremore History later this year. Museum board member, John Cary(left) helps move one of the surrey’s “yeller” wheels as Claude
Jochmans (right) of Chelsea moves part of the chassis. Jochman will be restoring the surrey. The surrey was originally built in 1955 by Twentieth Century Fox Studios for the movie “Oklahoma!”, the film adaptation of the play “green Grow the Lilacs” by Claremore native, Lynn Riggs.

 

IMG_5372

Latest articles

Leadership Rogers County Visits Area Non-Profits

It was Quality of Life Day for the 2021 class of Leadership Rogers County. The class toured and met with multiple Claremore area nonprofits...

Local Author Releases ‘Camelot’ on Amazon

Halloween is right around the corner, but finding spooky fun might be a challenge this year. Cheer up, horror lovers! One of our own...

Where to See Spooky Decorations in Claremore!

Since it's not time to look at Christmas lights yet, why not drive the family around and check out Halloween decorations? Claremore resident Lori...

Watch Powerful Film “Resilience” for FREE!

The Northeast Workforce Board is pleased to partner with the Potts Family Foundation to co-host this extraordinary event in Northeast Oklahoma. The event will...

Similar articles